Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blodngoods

TB 24" Noodle Rod As A Deadstick?

3 posts in this topic

Can the Thorne Brothers 24" Noodle rod pull double duty as a deadstick rod with a minnow and small split shot, or is it too short, light and whippy?

Sure, you can use it as a panfish/perch deadstick. The tip will flex some, but you won't loose hooking power through the backbone. A great concept for light-biting fish...

You could probably make most anything work for a deadstick rod depending on your setup and what you are targeting. I would think this could work for deadsticking for panfish.

Personally I love the TB Deadstick rod 32". Very soft tip so it will show the action of your minnow, but has enough backbone to fight larger fish. Also, I fish 2 holes per person in my flip over portables - one close for jigging and the other towards the door for my deadstick. 32" is short enough to work in the portable, yet long enough to make it easier to reach for it if I am getting a bite. I put it on a Rod Rocker II - works great!