• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good..?

pkwalleye

I'll second the Vex Coldsnaps. Great Value! I think list on the bib's were $70-80 when I bought mine. I got the jacket at FF on sale for $50 (steal). Keep an eye out for sales - FF usually puts them on sale earlier in the season, and clears them out later in the season.

They don't float, and probably not as high end as the Artic Armors. But it has padded knees, warm, and keeps the water/wind out. Great starter suit IMHO if your looking to stretch your limited fishing budget.

I have a Walls Arctic coveralls I bought at K-Mart on clearance a couple seasons ago. $75 suit for like $14 (and MN- no tax!!). I bought a Strikemaster coat at the ice fishing show last year for $50. Just gotta keep your peepers peeled

comfort = longevity and success on the ice, boots and a clothing I would not go cheap on. I would get the best you can and if they are light outterwear, layer underneath, nothing worse then getting all set up and then getting cold and not enjoying the time out there

I used Carharts for years then bought the vex suit on sale for like $115.....great suit warm and use it all season and after testing it to a Artic Armour the only difference that my buddy and I could tell is that the AA floats otherwise they both keep ya warm and dry and are not bulky........boots well that is a different subject but I loved my rubber boots with 800 gram thinsulate last year again warm and dry!!!

Not knocking Carharts at all because they are the most durable and are very warm, but..... If you spend anytime on the ice like I do kneeling and doing alot of hole hopping where you don't have a house, then Carharts soak up water. I have gone to AA just for the fact that they have the padded knees and are always going to keep me dry while kneeling on ice. I used to use my Cabelas Guide wear bibs and a good waterproof coat and just layer up, but after so long, fishing like I do, let me tell you the padded tush and knees are well worth it!!! Add in the fact that AA provides so much warmth that the need to layer up is not an issue. To each their own but for runnin and gunnin hole hoppin I vote AA. And for the price, I don't call that expensive at all.