• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birch Lake Creek

This is a place I've been thinking about for a couple of years, but never seemed to get to. Took an hour tonight, got my feet wet getting across the stream, but am happy with the results. Canon 40D, 17-40L, ISO 100, f/22, ND4 filter + polarizer, 6 second to 10 second exposures, noise reduction on, mirror lock-up and remote shutter release:

BC3.jpg

BC5.jpg

BC7.jpg

BC8.jpg

Ken, sweet images. I like the first one best because of the full circle made by the swirl of water foam in the LRH corner. Actually looks like a satellite capture of a hurricane pattern. It even looks like a counterclockwise rotation.

Excellent use of low iso, filters, tripod, remote release and MLU in slowing your shutter way down and stabilizing your gear to get the cotton water look.

Where'd you find water flow like that? Most of the rivers I'm seeing are pretty darn slack. I know. That creek runs by your house and you turned the garden hose on full blast 30 yards upstream! gringrin

Thanks, Steve. I learned a lot of that from someone we both know. Creek crosses #21 and I went upstream about 100 yards. Looks like you could shoot it from near the highway, but you can't. If you think hard, I bet you could figure it out! grin

Just incredible! Love the 2nd one! Love them all! Do me a favor, go back out there on the same spot next week or 2 weeks...would love to see the results after the color changes more!

Another thing...It's just a thought... What would happen if you got down to the water level (not to get the camera wet), getting a shot the whole trees surrounding the river, using the same settings, same results of the water as you did on this one? That way you'd get the beauty of nature around the river?

I'm very inspired by this. Very nice!

Quote:
any Spruce grouse photos to post

I've actually been out a couple of times this summer looking for some, but alas, haven't come across any. I know Steve had posted some earlier, and he might be able to find an image or two. Sounds like there are a few grouse around this fall. You'd enjoy the woods right now.