• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2002 Honda Rubicon problem

quackersmacker

Has anyone experianced a porblem with thier wheeler where you turn on the key and the D1, D2, and ESP displays blink at the same time and the wheeler doesn't go in reverse, and goes slow in forward? It doesn't happen all the time, I am just wondering, thanks for the help!!

Quacker:

I own three honda Rubicons, 04, 05, and an 07. Count the number of flashes, that number will be the "code" as to what might be wrong. I can almost tell you already that the problem is probably your angle sensor. That is a very common problem on the older Rubicons. Let me know how you turn out. I have a service manual as well, or I can direct you to a HSOforum where you can get tons of help.

Wow! Ten flashes. The book says its the Fail-safe relay circuit malfunction. Meaning its the ECM(Engine Control Module) that is bad, or you have a bad connection. It is located under the front fender, looks something like an electrical box . Hope this helps, not sure of the cost.

Augusta, Thanks once again. I willl lok at it. I just got off the phone with the local Honda shop and the part is 200 bucks and they don't have it. I am going to look at the connection first, and probally check out the wires as well. Thanks again for yor ongoing help