• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ponds

fishinJohn

I live about 25 minutes away from a lot of good fishing spots but I don't always have a lot of time or the desire to burn that much gas so I thought I would see if anything would bite at a tiny pond closer to home. The pond is part of a park and the water has some chemical in it that makes the water blue so I knew ahead of time I would not be catching food. To my delight I found there are very many bluegills in there and many of them are good sized. I had just purchased an ultralight rod and put on one of my Tica reels from an ice rod. Using a tiny bobber and very light line I have to say this kind of fishing was a blast. Action was as fast as I could handle for hours and it seemed every time I got a different looking gill. Not quite a challenge or anything but definatly a morale boost and I plan on taking my nephews there who are just getting old enough to fish. I just thought I would post to encourage others to not always overlook these tiny ponds because there is some fun to be had.