• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What a week last week! Walleyes biting like Sunfish!

fishermatt

I was fortunate enough to have last week off, and did a lot of fishing. Found a few spots where the walleyes were "stacked" to say the least, and all that was required is a jig and minnow in front of them and they ate it like they hadn't had a meal in weeks! Now's the time to get out and enjoy some great Fall fishing! My 5 year old daughter caught her first "walleye all by herself" plus several others after that one. What a glorious time to be alive and fishing.

24" was the biggest, several of those, most that were kept were 15-17". We did catch some smaller ones that we threw back. It just was amazing how as soon as the jig hit bottom another fish would grab it. It took some time over the last couple weeks to find the concentrations before the fishing was really good. Last night I went back to a couple of the spots and the fish were gone. Time to start looking again.

Sounds like a great week of fishing and allways nice when the kids can get out show up the old man lol.The bite down here in southeastern Mn on the river is starting to take off two i had a 75 plus week myself with the biggest being 27 with alot of smaller ones in the 13-22 inch range.