• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Place to eat

IceJohn

Wife and me are going to thorne bros this coming Saturday.I would like to take her out to eat.At a sit down place not fast food.Close to the store any help would be great.Coming up from Iowa and dont know my way around your town.Thanks for any help.ICE JOHN PS Is The Nook hard to find heard its a good place?

IceJohn you should post this under the portable mod thread in Icefishing cause it will be seen by more who have gone to this event. I know there is a sports bar close by that was called Bifs that served some pretty good burgers but that was a few years ago so there might be something better or there is places around northtown mall that is just a little north of Thorne Brothers.

I live right down the road and there are a ton of good places to eat around there. What kind of food are you looking for? There are tons of chain locations around, but there are some independents as well. GB Leighton's Pickle Park is just around the corner from Thorne and they have live music every weekend, Saturday evening Rhino is playing. Pretty cool place. If you are more inclined to try some Sushi, there is a pretty cool place called T-Asia a few miles north east of Thorne on Hwy 65 and 105th Ave. Bunch of sports bars in that neck of the woods as well.

I can try to help you out, just let me know what you have a hankering for.

Don't know if you are looking at staying in the area of Thorne Bros or going elsewhere but in Golden Valley there is a place called Bennihana's (spelling??). It's a Japanese steak place and one of my favorites. You sit around a cook top and the chefs are flinging knives and everything around as they cook your food. It's great food and entertainment and isn't way over priced.

I've gone to Thorne with my wife and after she drags me out of there we've gone to Outback Steakhouse just north of the place. If you're looking for a chain, that's usually a good time with good food.

If you're looking for someplace more special or unique, I can't help.

Another place that has good food in this area on University is Keys Cafe next to Monte's, very good breakfast there. There are alot of resturants in a 5 mile radius, anywhere from Red Lobster to Timberlodge, BWW, Applebee's there are a ton of them it all depends what your in the mood for.