• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Trails?!!

chasineyes

As I'm driving home yesterday from Akeley, I started thinking about ATV trails. With all the state land available (I read MN is the 3rd largest landowner in the U.S.) why can't we build lots more trails. I started to think about just how small of land a trail takes up, after all it's only about 5 feet wide. Using some math(which isn't my strong suit) it would be neat to calculate how much public land, let's say 1,000,000 acres and the average 20 mile trail needs 5 acres of true ridable footprint land how little of that 1,000,000 we would use. I have got to assume that the average 4-wheeler brings much more to the local economy than bird watching or "hiking" on this public land. I hope I'm getting my point/question across without too much rambling. Any thoughts?

P.S. my wife and kids loved riding and were looking to trade to a new 2-up soon.