• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

just baught a vex!

pkwalleye

My son wants to know where to look for a lake that will hold some nice pannies.

(he is grounded from the computer till tommorrow night because he punched his brother, he hit em because he was making fun of him or liking to fish. it was uncalled for when he punched him in the nose..)

Or if any of you guys have a good lake near the metro...

You can email it to me.

Congrats to yfg on the new vex! Great to see that he bought it with his own money. I assume you will be with him on his ice fishing outings ... once you see how it works, I guarentee you will be buying one of your own the next day ... LOL

Go to the same lakes you goto in the summer ... early ice is usually the best bite (Dec - early Jan). Still good in the middle of winter, they can be less aggressive. Down sizing helps when you see the on the vex, but they aren't biting. Tiny plastics on jigs can be awesome - be sure to keep some on hand if the live bait is not working.

If targeting Crappies - get setup at least 1+ hour before sunset then fish them till at least 2 hours after sunset. Tends to be the best time for me in the metro. Pike/sunnies can be good throughout the day. Eyes are just hard to find anywhere in the metro it you are looking for good size - if you find em ... you'll want to keep low key unless you want a LOT of company. I've heard the best luck for larger eyes has been early ice with tip-ups and shiners.

Talk to the local bait shop - they will give you some good tips on where to start targeting on specific lakes. And now that you have a Vex ... it will confirm if they are under the hole. Just need to figure out how to get them to bite - but that is part of the fun!!

My son wants to know where to look for a lake that will hold some nice pannies.

(he is grounded from the computer till tommorrow night because he punched his brother, he hit em because he was making fun of him or liking to fish. it was uncalled for when he punched him in the nose..)

Or if any of you guys have a good lake near the metro...

You can email it to me.

PK Long lake there by Croixwood has a very good population of crappies at least it did late last fall from shore.Good size to them to

Say pk I just got a new fishfinder, before that I was using my Vexilar FL18 with a puck transducer mounted on my trolling moter. I think the transducer would work for the FL8

I am not going to use the transducer anymore I was wondering if your son would like to have it. I'm in Stillwater a lot and I can drop it off for him

The only thing is that the local bait shop just closed FOREVER 2 weeks ago

I meant the local baitshop to the lakes you might be targeting (not just close to where you live). A couple I know of that are close by include "HANSEN'S LITTLE BEAR BAIT & TACKLE" on SE side of WBL, or "Blue Ribbon Bait" located in Oakdale. Both should have some good suggestions for the east part of the metro.