• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let the almost playoff begin

UdeLakeTom

..and there is a little handicap with it. it's like a seven game series and basically we are trailing two games to zero and also are about the equivalent of being behind in game three in about the 7th inning. It's go time.

Wife's going to the game tomorrow. She won't quit talking about it.

I would just like them to make the SOX sweat a little. I don't think they have enough gas left to get it done, but then again the SOX don't seem to want to win the division either. Hopefully it is a fun series.

What would happen if at the end of the regular season the Sox and Twins are tied in the division?? Do they have a 1 game playoff or do they go by division record?? I know the Sox do have a make-up game so I am sure that will come into play.

Right you are!

Worst case scenario for the Sox, barring not making the playoffs (lol) would be playing Detroit in Chicago the day after the season ends. Then, if tied with Twinks, a one game playoff for the division, winner take all, in Chicago because of the coin flip. We would probably limp into the playoffs not having the luxury of setting our pitching rotation and would most likely start the playoffs with our Number 3 pitcher. Let the games begin. This could come down to a battle of attrition, whoever is left standing after 15 rounds is the winner!

Windy

I can second that Wandering. Our two teams were left at the bottom of the scrap heap this year by all the so called experts. Some even thought the Twinks and Sox might get passed by the Royals, and everybody thought the Kitties and Tribe would be the 800 lb gorillas in the race, boy were they wrong. It does somehow always seem to boil down the Chicago and Minnesota!

And Gary, I can tell you to stock up on the Advil after our series was drown out with Detroit and we may now have to play a game after the season was supposed to be over. I hate the carpet but would love a roof over our heads.

Windy

Ya at least a retractable one for sure.

I agree both teams achieved more than were expected, and both have had issues down the stretch. Which ever team wins, hopefully they go deep into the playoffs and make it entertaining.

Windy I know, have the bottle right on the desk in front of me.

At home is the spirits of choice. Now the only thing left is hopefully no storms tonight or heavy rains as I have Direct TV and when there is storms around I lose signal. It happened early in the season as well as later in the summer, both during Twins games. I have a radio standing or sitting by.

G.C.

Gotta have the game tonight. Need a bit of confidence with them trotting Blackburn out tomorrow. I don't have much faith in him. SWEEP would really put the heat on, but 2 out of 3 gives us a chance. I want the SOX to have to win vs. Cliff Lee on Sunday!! I seem to remember not many years back the Twins winning the Central on the last day of the Season vs. KC when Detroit collapsed!