Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
UdeLakeTom

Let the almost playoff begin

..and there is a little handicap with it. it's like a seven game series and basically we are trailing two games to zero and also are about the equivalent of being behind in game three in about the 7th inning. It's go time.

Wife's going to the game tomorrow. She won't quit talking about it.

I would just like them to make the SOX sweat a little. I don't think they have enough gas left to get it done, but then again the SOX don't seem to want to win the division either. Hopefully it is a fun series.

What would happen if at the end of the regular season the Sox and Twins are tied in the division?? Do they have a 1 game playoff or do they go by division record?? I know the Sox do have a make-up game so I am sure that will come into play.

Right you are!

Worst case scenario for the Sox, barring not making the playoffs (lol) would be playing Detroit in Chicago the day after the season ends. Then, if tied with Twinks, a one game playoff for the division, winner take all, in Chicago because of the coin flip. We would probably limp into the playoffs not having the luxury of setting our pitching rotation and would most likely start the playoffs with our Number 3 pitcher. Let the games begin. This could come down to a battle of attrition, whoever is left standing after 15 rounds is the winner!

Windy

Regardless if the Twins, or the Sox win the Division, congrats to both teams, for being over achievers this year, and making the year fun and interesting to watch!

I am Thankfull we have a dome, or this series might have been delayed by a day, causing even more headaches. Yes it is supposed to rain tonight, as it is doing now. Going forward in the new park, get ready for a lot of double headers.

G.C.

I can second that Wandering. Our two teams were left at the bottom of the scrap heap this year by all the so called experts. Some even thought the Twinks and Sox might get passed by the Royals, and everybody thought the Kitties and Tribe would be the 800 lb gorillas in the race, boy were they wrong. It does somehow always seem to boil down the Chicago and Minnesota!

And Gary, I can tell you to stock up on the Advil after our series was drown out with Detroit and we may now have to play a game after the season was supposed to be over. I hate the carpet but would love a roof over our heads.

Windy

Ya at least a retractable one for sure.

I agree both teams achieved more than were expected, and both have had issues down the stretch. Which ever team wins, hopefully they go deep into the playoffs and make it entertaining.

Windy I know, have the bottle right on the desk in front of me.

At home is the spirits of choice. Now the only thing left is hopefully no storms tonight or heavy rains as I have Direct TV and when there is storms around I lose signal. It happened early in the season as well as later in the summer, both during Twins games. I have a radio standing or sitting by.

G.C.

Gotta have the game tonight. Need a bit of confidence with them trotting Blackburn out tomorrow. I don't have much faith in him. SWEEP would really put the heat on, but 2 out of 3 gives us a chance. I want the SOX to have to win vs. Cliff Lee on Sunday!! I seem to remember not many years back the Twins winning the Central on the last day of the Season vs. KC when Detroit collapsed!