• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend reports

cjac

I have trolled out there from time to time but usually favor casting. Never tried live bait though. I would focus on the breaklines from 10 to 18 feet of water. As far as baits go, if I'm not throwing blades, it's either shallow running crank baits like jakes and shallow raiders, or bulldogs. Good luck out there!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Owasso I'd probably not bother trying to troll at all. Even in the 15-20 depth range, I'd rather slow-roll a spinnerbait, work a Bulldawg, or cast a Believer on the deeper runing eyelet or throw a 10" Jake. The muskies will come up the water column to grab a bait.

That all said, I'd stick to shallow water, work up and down the long arm to the South and East. Fish it almost like you're bass fishing. If you did want to try deeper, the northern basin could be covered well in a couple hours.