• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend reports

cjac

I was out on Saturday working on motor issues, trolled a bit while letting the motor idle and picked up a few small pike. I had one solid hit that I missed, but could have just been another pike.

Fished 6:30 'til 11:00 today in the metro and had one "maybe" flash of a fish, and that was it. For the record, quit at 11:00 for chores, not the Vikes game........

Hope some of you fared better than I did. Any reports?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We started Thursday evening, I lost a tank that hit at boatside 50+. Friday evening partner got a 35" only 1 seen. Saturday he lost a nice fish we never saw much of just a flash, along with 8 other follows. Today (Sunday) started at 6:30 ended at 11, no hookups just 4 more follows. All but the 35" and 1 follow was along a maybe 200 yard streach. Not a great weekend but moving fish so its all good.

Caught my first, a 43" on topwater at 5:30am on tonka in the pitch black. I had only made 6-8 casts. It was awesome, I couldn't even see the strike, but I heard it. It jumped completely out of the water 3 times. I had another 40ish follow three times to the boat, but would not commit. I also busted my brand new Abu C3 in the first 4 hours. Luckly Gander replaced it with no problem.

Good weekend for me.

Thursday boated a nice 45, Sunday am had one hooked up that took the figure 8 but my rod was so far in the water I couldn't get a good hook set on her she wasn't huge but probably 40. Then about 30 minutes late I saw her, she is THE fish I target every time out on this body of water....she came, she followed, she flipped me the bird then swam away. Maybe someday....sigh.

Yesterday I caught 5. 32,39,42,43,46 and lost about 10 more. Total in our boat for the day was 12 muskies up to the 46 I caught. I can't even come up with how many follows we had, it was more than 50. Best_day_ever.

-Jeff

Yesterday I caught 5. 32,39,42,43,46 and lost about 10 more. Total in our boat for the day was 12 muskies up to the 46 I caught. I can't even come up with how many follows we had, it was more than 50.

was that on a metro lake or were you outside the metro? Not looking for lakes, just curious where you had such a great day. Congrats!

Originally Posted By: JRedig
Yesterday I caught 5. 32,39,42,43,46 and lost about 10 more. Total in our boat for the day was 12 muskies up to the 46 I caught. I can't even come up with how many follows we had, it was more than 50.

was that on a metro lake or were you outside the metro? Not looking for lakes, just curious where you had such a great day. Congrats!

Also curious about this. Was thinking the warm weather had pushed the fish deeper again. Was out late last week (metro lake) and only had one follow on a Viper. Heard a guy catch one on a DCG in the dark.

I had a 5 fish weekend in the metro, not in one day though. 38,39,40,42, and a 46.5. Missed 2 possible 50's on friday that missed on the 8 and left. 4 of the 5 fish came on an 8. Fished solo so no pictures except the release shots. I can post later after work if I figure out how.

was on WBL for the first time, nothing deeper, moved shallow and they were all over the place. surface baits. lost 2 and netted one in 30 min, played around with a few others. wish i could get down there again today but i'm back home, so have at 'em.

didn't think that would be the ticket with the warmer weather, but most bites came before my bait got to the end of the docks. wish i'd have had all day to pound it. water temps 68, guess they are where they are, and that's definitely where they are.