• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doublebull replacement rods - how to??

Long Gray Line

My Doublebull got caught in a windstorm last year when I left it up on some private property and broke 4 of the rods. It's pretty cool that Primos will send you free replacements but here's the question - How in the heck do you get the ball on the end of the rod into the hub socket without shaving it down? I'm sure it fits great once in, but I'm not seeing a way to force it shy of a 2lb rubber mallet, and maybe not even then.

Ideas?

I have replaced the little piece on the end of the rod. I took the other off and then took the plate of the hub, put the poles in place and then placed the cover back on and tightened up the screw that goes into the middle.

Now, that is the type hub I have with the cover on it held with the screw in the middle. I would assume that you may have the same style.

You may have a diiferent style than I as my blinds have some years on them.

Are they still there? Primos bought them so I was not sure if they still did work up there. What a great place, bring in the blind they will fix it while you wait (usually no charge). I hope that customer service did not leave when the biz got sold.

Managed to call the 888# on the Primos site and got thru to someone, don't know if it's here or at their hq. Anyway, as was described, there's a cross-tip screw on the back of the hub (on the canvas side where I didn't see it!) that you take off, remove the washer, remove the ball and whatevers left of the shaft and then just slide in a new one. The new rods seem like a better material and the price is right, free and you pay shipping.