• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

.270 range

mrklean

I'm not sure about that one, but I have shot at the range out to 200 yds and didn't have any problems. I would think you would be all right out to 300 yds, but do some more research before you go trying it. I shoot 130 grain Remington PSP's out of mine and it really smacks them HARD!!! My average shot is between 50 and 100yds. Short blood trails, unless of course they're DRT.

Brian

My buddy and I each shoot remington 700 .270 bolt action last week on Caribou (bigger than whitetails). He shot his at 300 yards and I shot mine at 215 yards...both did the trick. Both shooting 130 grain winchester silvertips. As mentioned...put the bullet in the right spot and you can probably shoot as far as your comfortable with.

270 is all my dad uses even for moose. Seen him drop his biggest bull in its tracks with his 270. Shouldnt be a problem for deer at just about any range. I know 2 people that had taken moose close to 500 yards with a 270. Like FL SNIPER mentioned shoot as far as your comfortable with. Good luck