Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polarsusd81

94 Ford Taurus Fuel Pump Access?

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if you can access the fuel pump from under the rear seat in a 94 Taurus sedan? If so, how does one remove the back seat to get at it? I am pretty sure I am just going to have to jack it up, drop the tank, and work in tight spaces, but it would be awesome if there were an access point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You are correct, you will need to jack the car up and remove the fuel tank to replace the pump. Also remember to replace the fuel filter along with it! Good luck!

Is the filter inside the tank as well? I had to siphon out about 6 gallons of gas today, so that took most of my afternoon. Got 4 gallons to go no problem but then it lost the siphon and I couldn't get it to keep running again, so out came the mini bulb. I am going to pull the tank down tomorrow morning and get working on it. What a fun project. Shoulda just paid someone to do it.

I never figured out why some "genius" engineer never thought to design a small cover insider rear trunk or under rear seat to access the fuel pump. I wonder which college they went to ?

I had a VW Convertible once and it took 15 minutes to replace the pump, same as a BMW. I bought a Saab for my son and I cut the opening myself... for the next time.

The fuel filter will be right in front of the passenger rear wheel. You'll see the hose clamp holding it to the mounting bracket.

I was pretty sure that was where the filter was. I just wanted to make sure I didn't hang the tank back up before changing it and have to do it over again. I haven't yanked the tank yet. I wish I had the wrench for the pump retainer, but my buddy did one a couple years back and made do with a block of wood and a hammer.