• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

94 Ford Taurus Fuel Pump Access?

Does anyone know if you can access the fuel pump from under the rear seat in a 94 Taurus sedan? If so, how does one remove the back seat to get at it? I am pretty sure I am just going to have to jack it up, drop the tank, and work in tight spaces, but it would be awesome if there were an access point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Is the filter inside the tank as well? I had to siphon out about 6 gallons of gas today, so that took most of my afternoon. Got 4 gallons to go no problem but then it lost the siphon and I couldn't get it to keep running again, so out came the mini bulb. I am going to pull the tank down tomorrow morning and get working on it. What a fun project. Shoulda just paid someone to do it.

I never figured out why some "genius" engineer never thought to design a small cover insider rear trunk or under rear seat to access the fuel pump. I wonder which college they went to ?

I had a VW Convertible once and it took 15 minutes to replace the pump, same as a BMW. I bought a Saab for my son and I cut the opening myself... for the next time.

I was pretty sure that was where the filter was. I just wanted to make sure I didn't hang the tank back up before changing it and have to do it over again. I haven't yanked the tank yet. I wish I had the wrench for the pump retainer, but my buddy did one a couple years back and made do with a block of wood and a hammer.