• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Lining

People like the couple I photographed today remind me why I love to shoot weddings so much. Laid back, totally cool couple, big anglers. Him in his tux and her in her wedding dress, I got them out into the musky boat and they cast lures toward me for some of the pics. Would've been wild to have a toothy critter explode on one of those topwaters at boatside. What a shot that would have made. shocked

Gotta love those outdoors couples! She even kicked his butt walleye fishing on Vermilion the other day. gringrin

Ken, looked like you had great sunny skies for football this afternoon. Cool to see you're working with VCC now, too. Hope that honey-do list went well, too. gringrin

Still thinkin about Hawk Ridge next Sunday?

Thanks, all. Steve, I get a little VCC work once in awhile, some on spec, some asked for. This was a game I was asked to be at (and actually paid for!).

For those of you who don't know, this is kind of where I started with my photography a few years ago, and where I spend a lot of my time now:

VCC1.jpg

VCC2.jpg

VCC3.jpg

Canon 1D Mark II, 300L 2.8 + 1.4 converter. ISO 800 Tv priority at 1/1600 f/7.1 - f/8.0

Steve, I'll be in touch about mid-week on Hawk Ridge. Supposed to fly sometime this week after work, but if it doesn't work out, next Sunday is the back-up.

Third shot has all the ingredients of a great sports photo! Great group of shots. Tv huh? With the exception of panning situations or bike racing, airplane propeller shots I can't recall ever shooting anything sports related in Tv! It sure worked well for you.

I don't shoot in Tv much, but I was playing with some stuff in the second half, and that's where I was when I took these shots. Seems to work for me if I've got some room for light changes (here I was up to f/10 at times)and back ground is not as important to me.