• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yay or nay on Autopilot/Copilot??

LanceJ

Question

I just bought my first "real" boat. Its a G3 Eagle 175 and it came with a Minn all terrain 40lb. I'd like to upgrade to a 55 somewhere down the line. Anyone have any feedback on Copilots and/or Autopilots? Worthwhile purchase?

Thanks!

Another thing about the co-pilot... you can put it on later. I got the co-pilot for Father's Day this year, $150 in the stores, or get your significant other to watch online, and they can pick it up cheaper.

Buy yourself a motor, you can count on a b-day / Christmas / Father's Day / some special day present.

That's what I plan on doing and in case you weren't aware of it, PerchJerker's site Pro Fishing Supply has them. I recently bought an on board charger through him and he's a great guy to deal with plus he takes Pay Pal.

(Just so you know, I'm not associated with Pro Fishing Supply in any way, just a happy customer and he is a sponsor here.)

I have the 80lb Terrova with AP (2nd year-lots of use). I really like it and have only had one issue with it. The compass can get disoriented in very rough water if you are able/want to use the AP feature. For the few times it has not worked for me it was no problem to use the foot control. I am also thinking of adding the CP so I can achieve a little more versatility from where I run the motor. Every brand can have lemons but I don't think you will be disappointed with your choice.