• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everybody??

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

We have one more trip scheduled. We are taking a long weekend and heading to the Temperance River State park on the North Shore of Lake Superior starting Oct 3 and staying for three days. Hoping to get in some nice hiking to getup high and see the views and maybe even a little fishing. The Fall Colors should be pretty close to their peak around then and that is the main reason we pick this time.

gonna run pink through mine today!! we used to camp into october as well, and love the time of year for camping, however now with 2 young kids, one is school, our last weekend is the weekend after labor day and were done!! one of the campers I store, came out on labor day!! 90 degrees out and I'm putting campers in the barn for the winter!!

Just got back from a wonderful camp out down at Whitewater SP.

First time back since the flood for me. Very nice place to camp and not to far away from south metro.

Brought my bike and peddled around the camp. I was surprised to see the beach still there. I was told it wasn't there anymore.

The river cut a new path in the area of the old bridge (now gone) that used to connect the campgrounds. They are building a new bridge, but it will be a pedestrian bridge only.

Camped at Maplewood State Park Saturday night. It was awesome. The weather was perfect, nothing like grilled food, a camp fire , and good company. The main campground was full but there was plenty of room in the rustic campgrounds. I would say the leaves are 20-25% turned so there's still a lot of oportunity to see the fall open up before your eyes.

I have only been car camping. I wanted to go camping/backpacking/anything this summer but ran short on money and people who wanted to go that have actually gone before. What tips do you have for someone who has never gone camping and wants to head out into the wilderness for a few days? Basic gear? Permits needed? Help me please, I want to plan one for late May/early June next year, even if it's myself smile.

Probably head up to somewhere by the north shore/northern Minnesota. I don't want to get lost for weeks, just a couple of days.

Maybe you can get to one of the Women's GTG's this coming year. We hope to have another one in June next year and have talked about some over the winter ice fishing. We especially want to get back to Appledoorn's sometime this winter.

the wife and I spent 3 days at talley Bend (Truman Lake) and then 5 days in Branson. The weather was great, and we enjoyed our new (02) Cedar Creek 5th whl. Going to keep camping until it gets to cold, or we head south.

I would be interested in a gtg. smile

Go over and post on the womens forum, I think there were some gals who were interested in doing something around the Twin Cities as their fall schedules were kind of full for a weekend getaway.

We'll be heading up to Finland on Friday for a three day weekend with our '63 mallard. Last outing for this year. Planning to look at some leaves and chase after some grouse. We'll be in one of the two state forest campgrounds there. Hoping to get a spot right on the river. Can't wait to go.

There was a different kind of crowd up to Itasca this past weekend. Fewer pushers, 5ers and groups. Even the Corvette crowd that has been coming up for the past 4-5 years on the last weekend of Sept. didn't show. I'll also note that the traffic on Hwy. 10 was pretty slack compared to past years.

We will be a little south on you at Temperance State Park on the North Shore of Lake Superior. We will be doing some hiking and checking out the fall color and may even wet a line and see if I can get a nice fat Salmon to come out and play for a while grin