• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

late 90s yamaha trim ?

icehole10

Hey guys looking for a little help. I have a 70 horse yamaha and the trim had acted up a few times lately. Every now and then it goes up and don't want to come back down. Heres the dumb question I have for you. Where on the trim unit is the filler hole for the hydraulics? There are a few different screws that look like they could be it. Also do you check it in the up or down position? Any help appreciated

When this happens the motor is working. It really doesn't sound any different. I thought I had it working, but I took it to the lakes this weekend and trimmed it up when coming in to shore and thats where it stayed wouldn't go up or down. I got it to the boat access and got it on the trailer used the manual release screw. The motor dropped all the way down. I tightened the screw and it went up and down again. It seems a little slow though. Think I might just have to bring it in.

Guys could it be a stator or fuse issue?

This summer when my stator went down my trim would work slowly and intermidantly until finally a few days later nothing worked. It would drain the battery down real quick.

New stator and fuses and I was golden.

Sounds different than this a bit but ya never know.

I have a 98 40 horse yammy. My problem would be the tilt/trim clicked and did not move. I took the tilt/trim motor apart and looked ok to me. I took it to the shop and they fixed it right away. There is a grease on the brushes from the factory that turns sticky almost like a glue when it gets hot. So it glues per say the brushes in place not letting them make contact, making your tilt/trim motor not work. The mechanic says it is common and I caught it soon enough, because usually people burn out the pump trying to make it work and the pump is around $400.00.