• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

question on roads

I have always walked logging roads, the roads with just tire marks going down them. But does any know the law about other roads, What about back forest roads(dirt ones)

If the road is not marked with county or well the big guys like HWY and Inter. are the walk/hunt -able?

In minnesota we are allowed to shoot small game over roadways. It is only big game shotting that is prohibited over improved roadways.

When hunting pheasants I hope they flush from the ditch and over the road. I also hope I drop them before they fall in the neighbors posted field. I know I can retrieve them but neighbor relations are very important and I don't like to ruffle feathers if I don't have to.

Be safe and be sure of anything beyond your target- which couldn't be easier in open country. In farmland this kind of hunting is some of the safest and most productive around.

In grouse woods I always have more luck getting in the woods. In the grouse range there is no shortage of public property to hunt like there is in pheasant country. So, rarely, am I stuck just hunting ditches. Hans