• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Green Bay Packers

snoozebutton

Originally Posted By: zamboni
Boy,Badger- They looked like [PoorWordUsage] sunday, and I can almost bet it won't be the last time they look that way all season. Cancel Aaron Rodgers plane tickets to Honolulu for the Pro Bowl- he looked good against that Vikes and the Lions, and thats about all. That Favre guy looked like a 22 year old yesterday, though. He has to play one season in NY, and he will be here- like he wanted.

They sure did! I'm thinking the Vikings will look crappy ALL SEASON! grin Rodgers 2nd INT was his fault....the first one hit Jackson right in the numbers and the last one was because he got blindsided throwing the ball. I never said anything about him making the pro bowl. He's thrown 6 td's to 3 int's and has a rating of 91.4. Tjack & Gus have 2 td's and 3int's combined. The Titans scored 21 points off of turnovers and Tampa scored 28 points off turnovers....not very good to say the least for both teams. Favre.....why would you guys want him...he's washed up! wink

For the same reasons Green Bay wanted him back this year! Rodgers is starting to show his true colors, very injury prone! looks like the vikes and Greedbay will be sitting at home for the playoffs.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like our defense took a big hit. With Al Harris already out, Cullen Jenkins is probably done for the year and AJ Hawk's injury isn't looking good either.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+North/Green+Bay/Spins/2008/spin093008.htm

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=800549

Not if Rodgers puts up 313 and 3 TD's.

The missing link is the defense.....they are literally missing!!

That was against the Falcons. The Vikes and the Lions. The 20th, 29th and 32nd ranked defenses in the NFL. I am not buying into Rodgers being the answer to Favre.

I agree, but their offense is doing a good enough job to win where on the other hand the defense is not holding up their end of the job. You can't expect much more than 300+yds and 3 TD's from a QB. The defense has to step up too, but they've got a lot of injuries now and that doesn't help either. It still comes down to keeping the other team off the scoreboard when the offense is putting up the points to win. Favre doesn't play on defense, so even if he was still in GB they wouldn't be in any better shape. 84 points allowed in the last three weeks (and losses). yuck.

I think Rodgers will be fine and I agree with Lmitout, the defense is the problem right now. With injuries to Cullen Jenkins, Al Harris, Atari Bigby, Hawk not at 100%, then Kabeer isn't the same player he was in years past since his surgery and that's the difference from last season.

You don't think losing Favre has anything to do with it? The coaches were there last season, he is the missing link

I was kidding about the coaching you can't blame them for losing 3 straight or the same amount they lost all of last season...

Yes I do think losing Favre has effected them more then just at the QB position.

wheres badger? hes been really quite since the packers loosing streak

I'm still here Walleyes12 smile I've posted every week...The offense looks fine, but the defense is way too banged up. Any team would struggle without their starting corner, safety and defensive end out...plus other nagging injuries as well to other starters. Last year when they went 13-3 they were very healthy...just the way it goes in the NFL! Those guys are good players and are sorely missed. Looks like the Bears are the team to beat! Good luck tonight...

Originally Posted By: walleyes12

but the defense is way too banged up. Any team would struggle without their starting corner, safety and defensive end out...

Wierd.... So when a healthy Packers defense gave up 400 yards and 24 first downs to the Giants in the NFC Title game last year was that coaching or the injuries?.... smile

Lets not kid ourselves here they have lost 4 of their last 6 games with wins over the Lions the worst team in football and close win at home versus a poor Viking team. When does the coach heed some of the blame?

Discus!

I'm still here Walleyes12 smile I've posted every week...The offense looks fine, but the defense is way too banged up. Any team would struggle without their starting corner, safety and defensive end out...plus other nagging injuries as well to other starters. Last year when they went 13-3 they were very healthy...just the way it goes in the NFL! Those guys are good players and are sorely missed. Looks like the Bears are the team to beat! Good luck tonight...

Now your starting to sound like a vikings fan! Tryin to find any excuse you can! You can jump on the vikings band wagon if you like?

Originally Posted By: Badger

Now your starting to sound like a vikings fan! Tryin to find any excuse you can! You can jump on the vikings band wagon if you like?

Now that's a low blow smile.....The injuries aren't an excuse, simply a fact. They obviously don't have enough depth. The Colts were really banged up, but managed to beat the Vikings. Probably just better coaching with Dungy grin I think you've got plenty to worry about with the purple...that's a busy bandwagon. I think I saw some threads on who should be the new coach and what player will be drafted next year.

Originally Posted By: local laker
I dont miss Al Harris,I think he's a dirty, cheap player.

A little sour grapes from that clean hit last year on Peterson?

It may be but I won't speak for him. I have not heard many Vikings fans complain about it being dirty but some have. It was legal but dangerous. Part of the game regardless of opinion. Not much different than that hit Sapp put on Clifton a couple of years back that the Pack fans took issue with. 100% legal but maybe a little dangerous. As always it is about what color kool-aid your drinking. Green makes you see things different than the folks drinking the purple stuff, and vice versa.