Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huntin&Fishin

Cormorants

18 posts in this topic

Who else hates these things, and thinks they should come off the protected list. They do not do anything good. They kill trees, they eat alot of fish and if it is a flock can hurt fishing drastically, and the are just ugly too, but mostly they just affect the environment negatively. The population has gone up 7% every year the past few years and nothing much is being done to stop them.

Ya, im with ya there...there just plain ugly. I've seen more this year then in the past 5 or so..plus at a glance they can look like a goose and get ya all excited for nothing lol.

i think the reason why they don't is because they are mexico's country bird or on there flag. can't remember. but ya they are just plain ugly.

Open up a season on them so we can sit out on big rock piles in the middle of a lake and shoot 'em like sea ducks.

I was watching Bill Dance Fishing and he said in the next years or so they are going to open a season but i emailed the us wildlife services and they said they aren't.

I used to think that all creatures are neat in there own way, and if your not going to eat them , then don't shoot them. But I cannot think of a single redeeming quality about these stinky, ugly, greasy, fish eaters. They have been a nuisance everywhere they live. If the government can kill thousands a year, then the public should be able to as well.....I say CUT'EM

I agree with you there is NOT ONE positive thing about these thing, the kill trees with there acid [PoorWordUsage], they clean out the lakes of fish, they are just terrible!!

openen em up it would be got target practice have a season limit not a daily bag you could contact farmers that have a rodent problem and then they could stash these useless birds away from the farm site to draw them away. on a side note our fishing population would rise too.

we can just go out on spirit and hennipen island o mille lacs and kill probably 10000 of these stupid things

No wonder the GOV't is protecting them, they are both the same > They stink, their Terrible and they eat up every tax dollar in sight killing the lakes/economy. Some day I want to go back to being middle class and not be so broke

maybe someone should put the word out that they are a "delicacy" whistle

i hate them things. they look just like geese from a distance and they get ur heart racing for nothing. where i hunt, i could probably kill about 25 of them in an hour

had one decoy into the ringbill decoys this morning and man did that thing look stupid out there