• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cooper

Rats, Steve beat me to it. I don't know that many birds, but I knew it wasn't Coopers hawk. Heck, I didn't know what kind it is till I read Steve's reply on what it is. grin

Love the 3rd shot! Looks really good, Mike! It's almost as if it's related to owl, because of it's face and eyes. You know what I mean?

Hey, at least I got the juvenile part right. wink Female, correct? I was afraid I might be wrong. The colors of the beak and eyes wasn't the same, but it was the closest I could find. Now, when I've been corrected, I can find other photos online of the harrier that perfectly match mine. Thanks Steve.

It could be either sex, X. Hey, that rhymes! gringrin

The plumage between juvie males and females is enough the same that it's chancy trying to tell them apart. At close range, juvie males have yellow or gray eyes, juvie females dark brown eyes.

These eyes look dark brown in the second image but it's tough for me to tell on the monitor. You'd likely be able to zoom in on the original and tell.