Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hooked On a Feeling

Obama to supporters... Argue and get in their face!

16 posts in this topic

I think we're starting to see the real Obama, I thought he was a uniter, a "change" to bring all of us together!! Well, I guess when your campaign is falling apart you need to shift gears!! Here's a quote from Obama today.

Quote:

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.

"And if they tell you that, 'Well, we're not sure where he stands on guns.' I want you to say, 'He believes in the Second Amendment.' If they tell you, 'Well, he's going to raise your taxes,' you say, 'No, he's not, he's going lower them.' You are my ambassadors. You guys are the ones who can make the case."

Also, why does Obama tell his minions to get out and debate the right when He himself will not debate McCain?? That's leadership for ya.

Hooked

I think you are missing the point of what he was saying, and I guess I didn't realize his campaign is falling apart. Last I heard it was pretty much a dead heat.

He is asking his supporters to get out there and campaign for him. He wants them to spread his ideas.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure McCain is asking his people to do the same thing. One candidate can't be every where at once.

Not sure why you say he won't debate McCain, once the actual televised debates roll around do you think he's going to skip them? To my knowledge the candidates have not had an open forum for debates yet.

I realize you must be a republican and are just looking for more ways to rail against the other guy but I think you are stretching a little on this one. But then again I think almost every negative aspect of Obama has probably been said already on this forum so I guess you are going to need to start stretching sooner or later.

If you need more negativity I think I heard Obama say he was in favor of using stray animals to make fur coats, and also in favor of renaming America "Obamaville".

I think I heard Obama say he was ... also in favor of renaming America "Obamaville".

I am not in favor of this proposal. The costs of new stationary, signage and such would be exorbitant.

I heard yesterday that McCain mentioned that Obama WASN'T EVEN AROUND TO VOTE ON OUR ECONOMIC STIMOULUS PACKAGE, didn't even get his vote in on that????

Has Obama been challenged to a debate by McCain?? Or was the challenge to town hall meetings, where few oppose McCain because there designed and set up for McCain.

sparcebag, how are they "designed and set up for McCain"? And I get accused of throwing things out there without explainations smile

Hes the only one doin TownHalls Who do you believe set them up? My guess whould be his people.Whats yours?

Has Obama been challenged to a debate by McCain?

I heard yesterday that McCain mentioned that Obama WASN'T EVEN AROUND TO VOTE ON OUR ECONOMIC STIMOULUS PACKAGE, didn't even get his vote in on that????
Too many buyouts to even consider that again! China cant afford it.

Hes the only one doin TownHalls Who do you believe set them up? My guess whould be his people.Whats yours?

Has Obama been challenged to a debate by McCain?

BHO doesn't do them because he isn't comfortable doing them. That's what I've heard on various news channels in the past. I don't know that it's true or not, but that's McCain's bread and butter. Obama doesn't like the off the cuff things, he's more by the speech type of guy. Just an observastion.

Ya sand I know, I heard that also (is it true?),But Obama has stated if McCain wanted to debate hes ready,Theres the problem McCain is uncomfortable Debating!

So where from there? The mandatory TV debates where all is practiced to no end,Cut & dried before its televised.

Even some republicans are denouncing McCain now for the exaggerations in his ads as lies.

I'm dying to hear what the lies are!! Please tell!

Even some republicans are denouncing McCain now for the exaggerations in his ads as lies.

Sparcebag. Please explain yourself in explicit detail, because my head is currently surrounded by sand.

Originally Posted By: sparcebag

Sparcebag. Please explain yourself in explicit detail, because my head is currently surrounded by sand.

Well not explicit but a show I never watch had Leno crackin jokes,So I watched a few minutes. It was MSNBC I think Chris Mathers? 6:30 PM.

A Rep. & Dem across the table doin all they could to protect their candidates.When the host asked what the Rep.thought about I think a Rep Sen. from Florida and another southerner Sen Rep. Publically stating McCaine Has gone to far with lies,And they are discusted and nonsupportive of the tactics.The Rep. represenitive on the show avoided the question as best as possible but was asked time & time again when finally replied as to other peoples opinions he knows nothin about!

It will probably be news somewhere soon.I'd like to hear more about it! Untwisted of course but that probably wont happen.

Notice the Polls latly? They seem to be movin,looks like the palin craze may be commin to a end,and realistic views & opinions are movin things.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Just realized that I had a brain fert on the canadian bacon I made. brined it for 10 days in pops brine recipe but I forgot to put a T of the cure in. I have already eaten about a 3 inch chunk. The rest has been in the freezer for a week. Is it a big gamble to eat it?? 
    • Yeah you should have known better lol.  Trying to have a conversation with a guy who is butthurt over a business that is getting tax subsidies because his isn't.  However if his was offered one he would be jumping at the opportunity.     #hypocritesandfrauds
    • Hey Kaepernick if you weren't so busy taking a knee and being angry you would see I already answered this question.  
    • I would put the sump on its own circuit without a GFI.  Leave the backup on a different circuit. I'd also add another or bigger battery to the back up. Since your water table is so high it might be a good idea to have an alarm on the backup. I'd bet there is some sort of app that can alert your smart phone. Breakers can become "weak".  One having been tripped from an overloaded circuit probably more to blame then age though.  Or it was bad to begin with. There are some counterfeit breakers as well so buy at a reputable suppler. Yes the pump can wear. Both the motor and the pump wear out. Having a float stick and pump run continually isn't good for the pump. What type float do you have?  If its a tethered ball type IMO they are going to fail sooner then later because they can get hung up on its own cord and pump. Of coarse the float on a rod should be checked and cleaned to be sure it can't get hung up.  
    • Have YOU asked the DNR any of those questions?     Has anyone here reported any vehicles they've seen crossing the state line with whole deer?     When we we buy our licenses there are regulation books available, and inside there is a handy section that points out NEW regulations for the year.  Should we not read at least that part?   I agree the new law would be better served if there was some heavy patrolling at the high volume state crossings, but with limited resources they sure could use some help from us.   I'm not a blind DNR defender here.  But I don't buy the conspiracy theory and won't blame them EXCLUSIVELY for all that ails our deer herd.  We do plenty of damage on our own.   Since deer and elk farms seem to be sources of CWD, why are they allowed to exist any longer?  Hint: The DNR doesn't have the authority to determine the existence of those farms.   Is there really only one scapegoat?
    • We came home from Thanksgiving to find that the circuit breaker that the sump pump is on had tripped and the basement floor was wet. We're in the process of replacing the carpet now. We have a pretty high water table and the sump pump runs a lot. I do have a battery backup pump, but once that battery dies, game over. I've been trying to figure out why the breaker tripped. The only other things that were running on that circuit while we were gone were the charger/controller for the backup pump, the water softener (very little amp draw) and the freezer. All the lights were off. There was a storm here with heavy rain and some snow while we were gone and someone suggested lightning may have been a factor, but why that would affect only that circuit escapes me. I've had the breaker trip twice since. The first time I had all the lights on and a fan running. The second time also lights on, running the drill press and shop vac. I've done that many times before with no trouble. Now I'm watching it like a hawk and we're nervous about being gone for any length of time. Questions: 1. If the float switch stuck "on", would the pump eventually overheat and trip the breaker? 2. Would the pump draw more amps as it ages? It's a high-quality cast-iron pump, probably 12-14 years old. 3. Do circuit breakers get weaker with age? I'm also considering getting an electrician in here to run a separate circuit for just the sump pump. I don't want to go through this again.  
    • Seasons On The Stream
        Alpha trout at head of feed lane. Maybe in fast broken water Subordinates all over hole but not close to alpha. Cast into top most part of fast funnel. Alpha waiting part way down the skinny feed funnel. Best to hit fast water to hide the splash. When wading, wake control a large factor here. Stay out of water if you can. Make first cast count or will get only dinks in this hole.

Bigger trout from area wintering at bottom of slow water near the fast water. Not in fast water. Subordinates chased out of hole by bigger trout. Best to hit fast water to hide the splash. Cast into top of feed funnel and slow retrieve so presentation will get down to trout sitting on bottom just back from the end of the fast water.

Trout extra wary on sunny no vegetation winter outing. Don't slap hole with line. Stay out of the water when attacking hole. Will be a one fish "only" hole due to water clarity and zero vegetation in hole. Any smart fish will spook when one is battled and drug through this clear non-vegetated hole.
    • Good question, why didn't they find any more?  Did those two infected deer parachute in?  Were they dropped by a helicopter?  I find it fascinating they could get as far as Lanesboro and they only find two out of thousands.  Like I said, they're bad at conspiracy.    Policing the borders?  How about a billboard, a radio ad, or a twitter campaign?  How about having the highway patrol pull over anyone with hooves or antlers sticking outta their truck box or laying on a flatbed coming across the border on the interstate?    My wealth and land ownership shouldn't disqualify me from questioning the DNR.  It used to be a staple of a free country to question your government.  Somehow now it's more important to kneel before the all knowing DNR and take whatever they want to shove in our mouths?  If this is real science and a real mitigation effort, let's have a discussion about it.  If the DNR wants to stop this spread, why are they not welcoming with open arms feedback like mine when it comes to import enforcement, and an effective PR campaign?  Cause guess what fella, lots of deer got hauled home from all kinds of places infected with CWD by uninformed folks that are going to cut up those critters and throw the brains and spinal cords out in the woods at home.    So yeah, this is either a giant hoax, or the DNR has no idea what the hell they're doing. 
    • I just checked on the fans that I bought, there 4.7 inchs sq and 1.25 thick. I thought they were 5 inch thick but I was wrong. They are 110v and I think I will put one inside on the bottom plate and see how it works. And I like where you have your fishingstar.
  • Our Sponsors