Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnksully

Warm up? Are bass going?

7 posts in this topic

What will this warm up do to the bass? With this help the bite? Kind of screwy weather lately. First it cools down now with a few days of mid 70's the surface temp. has to be rising.

Should a guy being throwing top water baits?

I found most of mine under or near the docks today. This is very different than where I've found them the rest of the year on the particular lake I was on. They were found on deeper weedlines (10-15 ft. for this lake) up until about a week ago. A week ago they were mainly on shallow weedlines (4-6 ft. for this lake), and today in on the docks for the first time all year. Today's best went 19" and 4#, and I lost another larger one at the boat when trying to avoid hitting a dock because of the wind.

ramming the docks with your boat , nice!

Next time I'll hit it rather than lose the fish grin

That's the spirit! I did this a few weeks ago fishing after dark. Landed a fat 22".......it's amazing how the wind seems to pick up at the most inconvenient of times. wink

I had most my luck fishing this weekend casting spinners on the windblown side of the lake over the matted down weeds. My best was a 18.5 incher. Also had a little luck draggin a frog over the tops of the green pads.