• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fantasy Trade

Scott M

I'm 99% sure I want to pull the trigger but need a little encouragement.

I offered Chris Johnson for Steven Jackson straight up, trying to pry away Jackson for a back that I won't be able to use much (I have R. Grant and B. Westbrook starting with Edge James on the bench and a flex spot opener that has been filled with quality receivers). The counter offer was Chris Johnson AND Tony Scheffler for Jackson. I have Tony Gonzalez as my starting TE, so most weeks I would be starting Gonzo anyways, although I do think Scheffler is in for a great season.

So I think I should accept the counteroffer since I wouldn't be able to start Johnson or Scheffler most weeks and Jackson would be an every week play that's due to get rolling soon.

What does everyone else think?

Do it. I guess. This trade would be VETOED in both my leagues. Both leagues get points for receptions, and chris johnson is SOOOOO inferier to s-jack. but your not in either one so.......... S-jack will run crazy after week 4. you win this trade.

whens the last time jackson has been real good? he was a bust last year and a bust so far this year...that o-line is horrid...their offense is as bad as the vikes lol.

but if they ever do turn it on he's a stud and you got nice back up so you don't really have anything to lose but alot to gain if he actually does something this year.

Year before last, 13 Tds, 1500 yds

Last year, got hurt after week 3, team sucked, still finished with 1000 yards but only 5 scores. Luckily my league is yardage and TDs, cause the Rams still stink but I think he'll get his. Al Saunders does like to run the ball.

Scouts, Inc. has him graded as an 85, rated an "outstanding" player, which puts him the 4th best back in the league.

I mean, considering Johnson and Scheffler were going to sit most weeks, it probably makes sense for me as an injury replacement or flex back. Like if I get him before Sunday, I'd start him over Ryan Grant given Grant's injury. Plus I will have an open roster spot that I can pick up a decent waiver wire acquisition. There are always a few guys that blow up early or mid season given injuries or opportunities.

yeah there's no question that he's an outstanding player...he went off the chain the year before last...last year in fantasy i seen him getting chosen over LT alot.

only thing that sucks is the rams fall way behind and are forced to quit running the ball and go into pass mode...but jackson is a real good reciever so like you said he'll still get his either way...not like you have much to worry about when you have westbrook.

He's due for a few. Glad to hear a few opinios, you can see why I had to hesitate just a smidge, still I think it's a good trade for both players. Johnson isn't getting goal line carries. Jackson will get his eventually. We are scoring & yardage in this league, so even if he is getting the yards and not the scores, he's worth as much as Johnson. It comes down to the who was going to play for me. I can't put Johnson ahead of Grant and Westbrook when both are healthy.

I wouldn't put him ahead of Westbrook but I would put him at least even with Grant........Grant seems to be injury prone and Johnson has yet to play many games but he looks impressive so far.....plus if you have that Denver TE keep him and look at trades elsewhere......

i wouldn't put anyone in the league ahead of westbrook..he's a straight stud...they use him how i wish we'd use peterson.

i'd look at it this way...jackson was a top 5 pick in most leagues....johnson and sheff were late round sleepers...you get an early 1st round guy for 2 later round players.

comes down to gut feelings this early in the year..anyone of those guys could break their leg this sunday lol...hard to say who's gonna do what...i think jackson should have a nice week this weekend..if he can't put up some #'s this sunday he's a lost cause lol

It doesn't matter if Jackson was a #1 pick and the other two guys where late round picks. The fact of the matter is Jackson is on a terrible team and will not have to chance to score like years past. Its not like a real life trade where you can trade for the guy and then plug him into a new system, you are stuck with him playing for the Rams.

With that said I would pass on this one personally. Jackson has been a non factor for the last 18 games. If you put him on another team then he would be a stud again but with the rams he can't be counted on.

You can't start him over Westbrook and even Grant will give you a more consistent performance week after week. Jackson will maybe be good for one or two games this year, the trick is guessing which ones that will be.

I would stick with Westbrook and Grant and use Johnson as your replacement on bye weeks. Or go try to find a better trade else where.

Perhaps if this was a keeper league it would be worth it but not otherwise.

the fact of the matter is a guy is an early 1st rounder for a reason...even an off year is still a good year for most rb's...if he wasn't that good and not worth much he wouldn't be a 1st rounder and a top 5 rb pick.

no one can possibly know if it's a good or bad trade or what jacksons, johnsons, sheffs, or anyone in the leagues stats are gonna be 16 games from now.

if jackson happened to rip it up one of the two games played so far this year and johnson didn't do very well everyone would be saying this is the deal of the century...but i like it cause these first few games is when people normally start dropping guys when they struggle and i pick them up and win my leagues lol.

i already see a bunch of big name players on the waiver wire that haven't done very well yet.