• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

94 Grand Prix starting issues

I have a 94 GP that the starter would not always engage. You could turn the key and hear a click no starter but there was full power in the cab. You could then turn the key again and it would start. Checked all of the connections and they are clean and tight, check the theft detterant system and that was operating properly so I decided to replace the starter because the car has 160,000 miles on it. After replacing the starter there was not an issue for 3 weeks now its acting up again. Is there a starter relay under the dash that could be giving me problems?? or maybe it's the reman starter acting up??

Is the battery in good condition? I know you said there was full power in the cab, but maybe not enough juice to turn it over? I've had times where I thought the starter was out or going, but it ended up just being the battery.

The only relay in this circuit is the theft deterent relay. When it doesnt start try it in nuetral,and park. Then I would check for power on the smaller solenoid wire at the starter when it doesnt crank, if it has power and doesnt start then it is the new starter. If it doesnt have power, check the theft deterent relay, or swap it out with a different one.