Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robbor

Dave genz rods?

11 posts in this topic

I was looking to add a rod or 2. I have been really happy with my old berkley lightning/genz rods, are the new dave gets rods the same quality?

I bought a Sunfish and Perch Genz stick two seasons ago and really like them. Would like to try a JM and a Thorne Bros someday, but am really happy with the genz sticks, haven't had a problem yet.

JM's rock the hardwater, I dont have ne thorne Bros but the people that have em love em. the genz combo's are nice I dont like the reels( to bulky imo) slap on a better reel on then your on to something

The new genz rods(especially the gold series) are execellent quality from my experience. I highly recommend their deadstick. Yeah if you can just get the stick and not the reel.

Time will tell with the Genz rod. I do know that the Mitchell line and the Thorne would serve you very well. One will not need to be concened with the quality with these rods.

I think Genz is making his own line away from Nature Vision I can call him in the next day or two to confirm.

Nature Vision has a new line coming out called Rip City. Don't know for sure if they will make the Genz combos this year

Genz will have his line and Nature Vison will have the Rip City line of rods.

I have 8 Genz gold rod and reels. I love them. I still have my old rods and reel but don't like them as well as the Genz combos. I haven't tried any other of the other combos, but I think I will be sticking with the Genz for a while.