• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you attach your reels?

toughguy

I'm with Harvey ... I use a layer of 1" masking tape directly on the cork, then tape the reel on with quality electrical tape.

Biggest pain is getting the reel perfectly aligned with the rod guides - I'm very anal about getting it perfect. Anyone have any trick to getting the reel aligned with the guides?

The electrical tape that I like is the 3M scotch 35 because it comes in a variety of colors other then black and it has a ton of stretch when wrapping it around the rod. The one thing that helps when you wrap it real tight and have stretched the tape is to wrap it loose on the last couple of wraps so the tape won't recede and leave sticky residue on the tape. I wrap my rods with one layer and cut it and then wrap with the reel so there is always a impression of the reel on the tape so you know where to put the reel on next year and when you remove the tape it will not pull any cork off.