• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Binoc's and Bow

huntnfish

What does everyone do with their binco's when bowhunting? I have always worried about having them around my neck and trying to shoot but today I bought a harness and want to try that. I like the idea of always having them within easy reach. Before, I would always put them in my fanny pack but that can get to be a problem when there are deer close.

I have a large fanny-style pack that I keep my equipment in. I keep all of my "in the stand" stuff in the main top pocket, including binocs, grunt call, rattlin bag, etc. I hang the pack next to my stand on a hook or branch and keep the top pocket open. Personally I just don't like having all my equipment around my neck or in pockets. So I keep everything in a pack next to me. The way I look at it, if I need binocs to see a deer, then it isn't an issue reaching a foot or two to grab the binocs or a grunt call.

If I am using my larger binocs, the crooked horn harness is the ticket.

If I am using my smaller, 10 x 25, then I use a longer strap than usuall and put the strap over my head, on the left shoulder so the binocs are under my right armpit, out of the way yet easily reached. Hope this makes sence cause it is my favorite way to carry them.

Another vote for the harness. THey are very common now. I think mine is cabelas brand.

've been practicing shooting lately with my binos and my rangefinder around my neck. I have one bad eye so my depth perception is poor and I need a rangefinder. I have no problems shooting upright with the RF around my neck. If I had to lean over to make the shot I would probably have to put the RF inside my shirt or something. I haven't hit the glasses yet.

I have and love the harness. I have a set of Nikon Monarchs and the harness holds them tight to my chest when using my bow or my rifle. They are easily accessible and decrease the range of motion required to spot while walking or in the stand.