• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see your collection pics!

With duck season right around the corner, I was cleaning my duck mounts today and wanted to get a nice "group" photo of them. Here it is...

p1010133tl9.jpg

I've only been seriously duck hunting the last 5 years, so I think I have a pretty good start. All MN birds shot around my area. Would like to keep it all MN birds, but an early October trip to Delta Marsh in Manitoba may change my thinking.

Brian

All I can say is WOW those are some really nice mounts. Ive got a woodie and my Pair of pintails are at the taxidermist yet. I was telling a buddy that I hunt with to day that I want to do a pair of geese like that.

Thanks Dustin! Dumb luck on that one, but that's typically how it goes for me. I knocked down a bluebill drake that the dog couldn't find in the rice, so I paddle over to help her out. We find that one and while paddling back to the piece of bog we were on a flock of about 12-15 gaddy's land right in the dekes. I quietly and carefully paddle the boat through the thick rice and ended up flushing them and knocking down an awesome drake. Come to think of it, the red head was another dumb luck one that proved the theory "third time is a charm." After I missed him on the first pass, then the second, on the third pass he landed in the dekes. I flushed him and removed him from the gene pool. Probably would've been a good one to leave in the gene pool! laugh

Nice taxidermy work guys!!! My taxi man charges $250 or $275 for ducks. It is high, but the quality is WAY worth it!

Brian

wish my snowgoose was done shot it march 2006 took it to the taxi in Nicollet and still not done called couple of times and said he was to busy mounting for the new cabbelas in Neveda. since we have had deer/turkey tails done there he said he would do it for $300 anyone know of a place around Nicollet/Mankato where i could get it done. this goose is a once in a lifetime thing shot it right behind my house near courtland only ones ive ever seen around

browning24, did you take it to sealby's? you should go grab your bird and tell him your taking it to jeff holmin. (north star taxidery) he has done all of my birds and he does amzing things with his mounts. 507-934-1683

I have heard he starting to send them out to the dakotas so he really dont does not do them. tell jeff you had bad service and you have been wanting this bird for a while and he might cut ya a deal if ya mention me.