Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BLACKJACK

Alpine Soft Loc Quiver??

14 posts in this topic

I just bought one of these quivers, the 5 arrow holder. I like it so far, it quieted my bow down, the old Bohning quiver was too noisy. My question is with arrows with broadheads. The part of the quiver that covers up the broadhead came with two rubber inserts, one thick and one thin. I could use the thick one and use an old broadhead to 'slice' grooves for the broadheads into the insert or I could use the thin one and the broadheads would just be covered with the quiver. What do you think? I never have been a fan of repeatly sticking the broadheads into the quiver inserts, possibly dulling the broadhead. The arrows would still be held in two spots on the quiver, and the broadheads would be covered with the enclosed part of the quiver. If you have an Alpine quiver, how did you do it?

I also just bought the softloc-5. I took out the thick liner to see how it would hold my rage 2blade and although it holds fine I find that with the thick insert out of the hood that I bang the broadheads on the plastic pulling it out. Not a big deal unless you're hoping for a follow up shot.

I cut grooves for the broadheads and use both pieces of foam as recommended on the box.

I took my practice blade and cut three grooves in the foam out of the five.

I never bring more than 3 arrows out on a hunt.

Maybe I'll try the cutting of grooves into the foam, I can always go without if I don't like it.

I have the same quiver and took out the thick foam, there is no need for it as the quiver holds the arrows in 2 places, and the plactic covers the broadheads. I will not put my broadheads into foam, but that is just me.

i put mine right into the foam. they slid in like butter and they're held tight.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, without the thick foam the arrow would still be held in two places and the broadhead would be protected by the plastic, and you wouldn't be dulling the broadheads by repeatedly sticking it into the foam. When its dark out, and you're putting your arrow away, you're not alwasy going to hit the spot you've grooved out.

I don't know why you wouldn't hit the spot you've grooved out. The places to hold the arrows hold that arrow tight which means thay fit exactly the same spot. They only thing you might do is not line the blades up the same way every time.

The reason they give you both is the thin one is for expandables and the thick is for fixed blade. If you push expandables into the foam some will open. Mathews also has two but the one for expandables has round holes cut into the thick foam.

Solocam nailed it.

I have the Alpine 3 myself - along with the screw in mount for the tree so I can take my quiver off while stand hunting.

screw in mount for the tree? haven't seen it. screw in like a tree peg? an one seen them around lately at any stores? Gander/ bwana/ A-1 Would like one of these I think. universal mounting for 3/5/and 7 aroow quivers right?

I Googled the Alpine Archery HSOforum. They still make them and it looks like they have improved them to boot.

Mine is just a bow mount with a screw through the center.

The improved screw on type is compact and they also have a model to attach to your treestand.

The big C-store is a dealer, but you might find a closer one if you click on "find a dealer" on the HSOforum.