• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Riding

Dave S

I figured I would start a new thread instead of polluting the thread about the Strib Article.

After this debacle has been released, it makes me concerned that the trails which were open through last winter, may now be closed.

My opinions, there are many beneifts to winter riding.

1) NO BUGS

2) NO DUST

3) Solid Ground, less damage

4) Scenery is just as good on a perfect winter day

5) No matter what the thermometer says, it doesn't feel that cold with the proper gear

6) Fewer riders

What are your likes/dislikes or your experiences with winter riding? Do you have more to add to the list? Even if it's just across the lake.

what trails are open in the winter?? I have a cousin coming in late Jan who would like to do some riding. we are going to spend some time on Mille Lacs at the shack, I thought pine center was closed. a list of trails open in the winter would be appreciated!!

No clean up, just bring it in the heated garage to melt away and it's good as new, no half hour clean up jobs required. Winter riding also means that I'm probably icefishing...which is a good thing.