• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall shroomin'

jerkin'm

It seems the spring morel hunt is all the rage but I don't see anyone out after the fall varieties...Have been having pretty good luck with the chickens, hens, shaggy's and a few puffballs..anyone else?

Puffballs and Meadow shrooms.....delicious! Didn't have very good luck with the Morels this year..only 80 or so. Last year we picked over 300.

The middle one is a shaggy mane...I haven't seen any others that look similar..If they have any black on them throw them out..they don't last long in the edible stage..To prepare them just get the dirt/sand off and saute' in a little clarified butter and garlic..I always cut them in half to check and make sure they haven't got any black starting (it starts at the bottom of the cap)..Do a search under shaggy mane and tons of info should come up...