• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Scent Lok Jacket and pants should I get for early to late season

My wife gave me the go ahead on some new camo and I would like to bite the bullet and buy either scentlok or a scentblocker two piece suit.

I have looked at the full season and also the Bowhunter one cant remember the exact name and I've also been looking at the dream season suit by scent blocker just cant figure out if one is better than the other.

I would like something with a lighter pattern if possible or just something like the realtree AP camo or predator if they make that in scent lok that would be awesome.

So if you could help me get pointed in the right direction I would greatly appreciated and I would prefer not to spend much more than 225.00 on a set or maybe a little more wink

Not to sound like a jerk, but I think the original poster asked which Scent control clothes people recommended for early season, not -what is your opinion of the value of using scent control clothes.

To answer your question, I've used just my base layers when it is almost too hot to be sitting in a tree. My buddy really like his ClimaFlex Savannah stuff. I believe Cabelas is having a pretty good sale this weekend, if you are out that way.

I just purchased the Scent Blocker Dream Season Pro and it is very nice. It has a zip out wool liner so it will keep you warm during the colder days. The shell is decent for warmer days as I was comfortable in the stand on Monday night (with only a t-shirt under the jacket)and the temps were in the upper 60's low 70's here. I also use the Scentblocker outfitter and that is a little bit warmer but is waterproof and also features a zip out liner. The dream season pro has a lot of nice pockets and some pretty cool straps in the front for calls, binos, range finder etc.

Good Luck!

I have two sets of scent lok clothing. I just got a flyer from cabelas and some of it is on sale right now. I have a pair of savannah pants, and their silent weave jacket. I paid under $100 bucks for both together (end of season bargain cave, online so it was new stuff). I plan on using this stuff for the early archery season. I am not that impressed with the savannah, it is estremely light but has almost a plasticy feel to it.

I also have a techH2O suit with scentlok from Gander mountain. I got this stuff 5 years ago and it is awesome. It will be similar to cabelas MTO50 and their rain suede. It is a little bit warm for temps above 60, but I will layer right through fire arm season with this stuff, its awesome. I love it or I wouldn't have bought more in January.

This is my 3rd season hunting and last year I went for the baselayers by scentlok so I can put whatever pattern I choose over top of them.

Have you ruled out the silver thread stuff that you see at Fleetfarm and Dick's? My understanding is that stuff has come a looong way and works just as well. Medalist is one of the brand names to look for- I have one of their shirts.

Good luck out there!

GoldTIp, not bashing the clothes or your post, I just don't think they give you the edge people think they are getting. In my opnion from reading the proffesional studies, you are paying a lot of money for a name on the shirt! Just trying to help ya out! Good luck and I hope that Scent Lok outfit gets you that big Buck,LOL!!

I just bought the Gander mtn brand, with the scent lok liner.. Its light enough to wear in the early season, and I bought it big enough to pile on the clothes underneath when that time comes, pretty good price as far as it goes, $230 for the jacket and pants- good luck on ur search, its fun to look around!