• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Reports 08

Hey all, busy weekend here. I fished sat and sunday up the Salmon River. I was in a little floatfishing-centerpin tournament heald buy a guy on another site I frequent on sat. 26 folks signd up and names were drawn to fish in 2 man teams from daybreak till 5pm. Lenght and girth were measured, a photo taken then all fish were released. It was a very fun get together and a great way to meet people and put faces to names. The weather on sat was horrible, it rained all morning and untill 1ish. We fished hard and put some fish on the bank but lost more. Plenty of chrome in the river but very fresh and fiesty combined with high water made landing them a challenge. The winning fish was a pig at 18 pounds! We all had a nice get together with food and drink fest after fishing that was a hoot. Sunday the weather was better but the landing not much better. But we did bank some fish. I lost a hog that im sure was in the teens.

Timmy - Im pretty sure I saw Bruce float by me sunday with some clients. But he was by me before I could yell anything. The river was disgusting with people, a firm reminder why some should not breed...

Tanks been hunting a little lately looking to fill a doe tag. The other day he saw 5 diff bucks. Tonite he called me that he had just shot a doe and he thinks shes down. I left work and by the time I got home he had already found her...

pb102480cf6.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be good luck he shot that not too long after I was on the phone with him. Way to go Tank! Todd said the east end was on fire tonight, go figure. Can't wait to get this knee taken care of tomorrow. Jay I talked to Bruce the other day and he wanted to know if the walleye bite was on yet, funny..

Otis, looks like my post didn't make it for some reason so I'll edit it. Sorry, no molds to share. Timmy, good luck with the knee! I'm sure you'll be making it strong in no time. If you need anything, give me a holler. Tank, nice job!! Barely shot my bow this year. Had a little accident with a miter saw and had to heal. Always check what your standing on before operating power equipment! Just another scar for the collection is all.

Thanks Ray... Got the knee all cleaned out this afternoon and starting my recovery, it's gonna be quick too seeing that the east end slaughter has begun. Frank went back down to the confessional this evening. Thanks for the support guys and I'll be through this thing soon when we start really rolling in the eyes and the ice. Looking forward to another great ice season with the gang. All this time at home means only one thing and that'sice jig buying time, not that I need more but that I love getting packages in the mail.

Went to Fremack's Marina with a friend that keeps his boat there and we finished up in 15 minutes. We got there just in time to get a limit each, then the school moved on. It didn't matter what color stick bait you were using.

I'm heading down to the canal tonight to see how things are there.

Opening day of our gun season today and it was miserable. Rain started at daybreak and maybe stopped a time or two briefly all day. Steady and heavy at times with some wind in the afternoon. I was lucky, I didnt have to sit all day in it as I shot a small buck shortly after daybreak. Tank on the otherhand gets the crazyaward. He left the woods at noon to get on dry cloths and shovel in some hot food. Besides that he was in his stand all day with nothing but wet to show for it. Thank god for gore-tex...

Anyone else get out and enjoy the weather?

No hunting but Todd and I made a couple of late night trips to the lake for eyes fri and sat and caught zip. Didn't need to sit in a chair yesterday slowly getting better with the knee and I get mt stitches out Wednesday. Tood picked up 3 quick ones this morning in the canal with the winds it should only get better.

Nice buck Lee. I did not see a deer yesterday in our all day rain.Did my church thing today and I will be hitting it tomorrow.I checked my field cam this afternoon and found there was 3 different bucks there this morning.

Very nice buck Lee!

Tank hunted all morning and only saw one doe. I got out of work at 130 in time to drop him off at his stand and grab my bow in hopes of filling a doe tag with that. Wasn't set up a half hour and I heard him shoot. He wasnt too confident on the cell but found this 7 pt after a hundred yards...

pb172486rr2.jpg

Great deers guys. Hopefully upon my return from San Antonio, I'll be in my stand on Saturday. Checked out the broken arm at a course Monday and managed an 87 . . .must be healed!! Todd, I'll be somewhere casting lures on the East end Friday night. . . give me a call and I'll deliver the net.