• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On the ground and in the air

It was a windy, windy day, but I'd had enough of sorting thousands of images on the computer and getting part way through cutting, splitting and stacking 10 cords of hardwood for this winter's heat.

Yeah, saving $2,000 on the heating bill is a pretty big deal for us, but all work and no play make Jack a VERY dull boy, as one horror novelist once wrote. winkwink

So I chucked it all and headed up the Echo Trail for the afternoon and evening.

I only made two images I liked, largely because of the wind pushing everything around. But I like them pretty good, and hope you enjoy them, too.

Two species of moss, two species of lichen, granite and a dead balsam fir needle cluster, taken 10 minutes into the trip

Canon 5D, Canon 100 macro, iso400, 4 sec at f32, remote shutter release, tripod, mirror lockup

2864483226_527ab12c6e_o.jpg

Taken last thing before heading home

5D, Canon 400 f5.6L, Canon 1.4 TC Mk2, manual focus and manual exposure settings, iso400, 1/40 at f8, tripod, remote shutter release, panoramic crop

2864483724_086d9ec2a9_o.jpg