• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rainier - a different kind of landscape

JohnK

You're right Joe, looks like the site I saw that on was way off, I 14,240 is about as high as the peak in this photo.

I figured I should head up there and try to get some pictures soon, the road is closed for 8 or 9 months out of the year - they don't even bother trying to plow it from October through June.

Someone else up there said they saw a grizzly run across the road just a couple minutes before I got there (timing is everything). That would have been really exciting, even though it was probably a cinnamon colored black bear.

I was going to say, as one who has driven I-80 from California to here a good chunk of that highway is above 8,000'

Still a beautiful mountain, I never tire of that view. Consider yourself fortunate John. Nice work. Get there just a bit sooner for that bear shot next time wink!

Maybe I'll have better luck that way next time Dan...but I don't need to go all the way up there for bear, I took this out my back door in July. I still need to get a grizzly shot under my belt. smile

P1040225.JPG