Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN Shutterbug

Singing Hawk

12 posts in this topic

What song was he singing X? Great expression!

Sweet captures, X. Either he's cooling himself with the open mouth (to dissipate heat) or somebody snuck up and pinched him on the butt! gringrin

I am guess he was singing Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McPherrin.

Very nice capture on the juvenile Red tail! They are by far the most common hawk species in my region. Lastw eek I counted 15 or 16 (I lost count) in a six mile stretch of highway.

Mike, those are excellent shots! Nicely done! If you heard a "tune", wonder if he's communicating with other hawks? Or was he just in a good mood? smirk

Very nice capture on the juvenile Red tail! They are by far the most common hawk species in my region. Lastw eek I counted 15 or 16 (I lost count) in a six mile stretch of highway.

Are you sure that's what it is? It looks an awful lot like a Coopers Hawk to me.

Nice capture Mike, I'd take a hawk over a finch any day!

The accipiters (goshawk, Cooper's, sharp-shinned) show tails a good bit longer in proportion to their bodies than this bird, which to my eye shows the classic buteo conformation. While some of the markings of the juvie R-T and the Cooper's are similar, I think Stu got it right.

I assumed the immature redtail also, consdidering I shot another one last week that Steve ID'd.

Thanks everyone, for your comments.