• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

moultrie camera

KOTTKE

Just picked up a gamespyi40 ditial game camera by moultrie. Any advice on this. The experts at the big box store knew nothing about them. I would hate to spend the $$ on the wrong camera. Any help would be appreciated.

I have two. They work fine. I don't think they are as good as the Cuddeback, but for the diffence in price, they are a good value. Simple setup. Good options/features. And, I have been impressed with the battery life. About the only knock I have is that pictures where the deer is moving sometimes are blurred.

i've got a moultrie 5.0 outfitter i/r. been a great camera for the money. it's been out since memorial day weekend, taken over 1700 pics of deer, and only used 13 percent of its battery life on 6 D cell batteries. thats dang hard to beat.

Great cam . Between my brother, father, and myself, we have four. I won a photo contest with a pic that was taken in mid december with one of the moltries. It was the deer and turkey expo. We have had great luck and like that the battries last for 4-6 weeks. We put in a 1gig and get around a 1000 pics. We have lost one to the bears and had the bears take down two others The backs are broken off were the strapes go through and tooth punctures on the front, we just put silicone on them and hung them with bungycords. still working great

For the Money gamespyi40 by Moultrie is a Good Value.

We use 3 of them and like them.

No, not all of the Pictures are perfect, We do get a "white"

Picture from time to time but over all I'd give them a thumbs UP!

Much better Value than a Cuddeback.

Cuddeback spends to much money on B.S. advertising

(stupid comercials) which in return raises the Price of there Camera.

If you wanna spend "more money" get yourself a RECON

Scoutgaurd cameras are lookin to be just as good or better then the moutries. i have 3 I-40's and 1 SG550 and i get waaay better pics out of my SG! More options too, the only setback is that you need a remote to do any programming, but its pretty easy to remember to just bring the remote!

OK, I have to respond for you on the Moultrie i40. I have been researching IR cameras for about 1 1/2 years and finally purchased this model. First off the price is great, around $179 at a Family Outfitter near Walker, hint, hint. Anyways the trigger speed is very good and I have had it in my woods for more than a month with no battery loss or replacement yet but I'm sure that will decrease soon as we get some colder weather.

I have compared this unit to just about every IR unit and this in my opinion a much better unit than a Cuddyback. Last year I used a Cuddy and hands down the moultrie has waaaaay better images. This is just my opinion but I have done a ton of research and will stand by this unit for the price, quality, trigger speed, and value over any other IR unit on the market. Buy it you will not regret it. If you include your email address I will send you some pictures this morning to prove it. Any major retailer or HSOforum that carries these will tell you they sell more of this unit, i40 than any other for the same price.

mr

Thanks to all for the input. I put out the camera this morning and am hoping for some good results. I have a daughter that is 12 bowhunting for the first time and am hoping the camera will shorten my scouting time and put her on some deer. Thanks again!