Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Gapen Rods??

I'm thinkin' about getting a Gapen spinning rod - any opinions? The lifetime warranty looks nice, but the salesperson at the bait shop is about ready to tell me it has built-in sonar and speaks Fishese, if ya know what I mean. I could use some straight skinny on this piece of gear.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Rods good, reels BAD!

Skip the reels, if you wish to know why I can send you a email address of a friend who can tell you why in detail. He had tons of bad luck with them and got screwed in the end.

But he likes the rods very much.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

backwtr1@msn.com

http://fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red

I fish with Gapen rods and can tell you they are very good rods. The are really light and very sensitive. Even their two-piece rods are just about as sensitive as their one-piece rods! All rods are hand wrapped, all blanks are matched and the spline is in the correct position before the eyes are placed. Your basically getting a custum built rod for a fraction of the cost.
Give'em a try I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Good luck!

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

Bump - I'm hoping to buy it this Friday - last call for opinions! All help welcome.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

I have spinning and baitcasting Gapen rods, real good rods for the money. I also have a couple of G Loomis and Techna AV rods to compare them to and the only thing I would change on the Gapen rods is shorten the handle. There 7' rod is the same as my 6'6" Techna AV and my 7' G Loomis is about 6" longer than there 7 footer. Over all lengths are the same but the actual exposed rod is shorter making the action a little stiffer.

Robert, I got a 7' heavy for cats and a 6.6 med heavy for jigging/casting with fireline. Theres a few really nice rods around but I got the first one from Dan himself and decided to get another. The lifetime guarentee works for me and its made in the USA.

You may want to wait and get one at the sportshow in March....Gapen has a booth there.

I haven't had any problem with the reels (yet) The cat rod holds a Corsair 400 and the fireline is on a DAM 920 which is made in Germany.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

where do they sell these rods? they sound nice do they have a HSOforum? i know you cant post it on here but if you could email it to me that would be great bobb-o@juno.com