• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Handheld GPS

Brade04

FedEx just pulled up and delivered my I-Finder Expection C plus, this is a color unit

The unit is in factory packaging, charger included plus the Map Create software, card reader and a 256MB SD disk.

All for $129.00

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting againb. Thank you.]

If I want the Garmin Etrex Legend Vista HCX what card should I get?
Garmin only has the Lakemaster chip and it is fomated on a micro sd card so you can only use it in a garmin. Also make sure the garmin you get uses the micro sd card some of the Garmins run the full sd card. I love my lakemaster Micro sd card.

The garmin with the full sd card slot may take the navionics or lakemaster chip full sd card. That I'm not sure.

I know what you mean, lots of choices out there. I had a hard time choosing. I'm going with the garmin mainly because I have the already the lakemaster chip from when I got my Garmin fishfinder through ProfishingSupply.

Either way the Lowrance h2o or the Garmin you wont go wrong.

I just got to this thread and there's already 35 posts on it grin

Garmin makes a great unit, overall probably the best gps in my opinion. And they have a lot of proprietary software, travel information and navigational charts, etc. A huge plus for Garmin now in MN is that they will take a LakeMaster chip. Croixflats pointed this out but just to make sure you're clear on it, the Garmin LakeMaster chip is proprietary to Garmin units and will only work in Garmin units. Lowrance Lakemaster chips and Navionics chips won't work in a Garmin gps.

The H20 is a great GPS too, no doubt about it. Tons of guys have them, tons of guys love them. A nice benefit to the H20 is that you can use Lowrance LakeMaster chips or Navionics chips. Another nice benefit is their price, very inexpensive for all the functionality you get. I've had an H20 and map chip since they first hit the market and it's still going strong. Lowrance has some other handheld gps too that have some nice features, the Hunt models, Expedition, XOG, etc. All will take map chips.

Pro Fishing Supply Handheld GPS

I also have the map chips on my site. If you have any questions just let me know.

I have a Garmin eTrex Legend C and love it. One of the things that I like about the it is that it is very easy to upload or download data to the unit. It uses a standard mini-USB cord to connect to my PC. You can use a mapping HSOforum to share your tracks and waypoints.

I keep track of most of my fishing trips to log where & when I've been to certain places.

I'll throw in a vote for the lowrance XOG - stands for cross over GPS. It is a car gps with premium street info and mapquest features all the best car gps stuff plus take the chips and I loaded the topo map from my old lowrance globalmap100 into it and last night when my x104c on the boat didn't work I put the chip in XOG and was back in bidness ..... depth was accurate with 1 - 1.5 ft which is within the lake level change range in my book. The Dang bouys were even in the same place they show up on the screen!

The only negative is rechargeable non accessible battery. It only last about 2 hours without plug in. If I'm going to use it deer hunting it will stay off unless I need it, and it going on the wheeler scouting or something I want it all the time I'll take a gel cell batt from the vexilar and a 12v plug adapter and only have it unplugged when off the machine.

Other than that, I'd go this way rather than buy an h20 and put road mapping into it. more versatile, I don't think much different in price ..... got mine a year ago and they were about the same or xog was less ... can't remember and haven't shopped. If Lowrance paid attention, they likely raised the price.

My 2 cents......