• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Handheld GPS

Brade04

I'm looking to buy a handheld GPS. I would use it for ice fishing mainly maybe some hunting and summer fishing. I don't really want to spend more than $250-$300. But I would like something with good graphics and simple to use. What do you suggest? Thanks

I have a lowrance H2OC and I love it. Best unit for ice if you ask me. Just make sure that whatever you get takes a lakemaster or navionics chip. These make the unit 2 or 3 times more usufull as they show you the depths on many of the lakes in the state.

Far and away the favorite among fisherman the past few years has been the Lowrance IFinder H2O and for good reason. It works great and is simple to use. Toss in a Navionics or Lakemaster Chip and you are ready to roll.

Lowrance I-Finder Expedtition C plus has all the bells and whistles that you need.

Takes Lakemaster or Navionic map chips. The plus version comes with additional card reader and map create.

[Note from Admin, please read forum policy beofre posting again, thank-you.]

Yeah, Perchjerkers Pro Fishing Supply will have great prices. One thing that happens often with online discount retailers is you end up getting just the unit and none of the included accesories, wont happen at PFS. They normally come with the 12V acc. plug so you can run it off the bigger battery on the wheeler, sled, or truck.

Many people have been on the rotten end of a "deal" gone bad with discount on-line retailers and camera purchases.

both chips are nice but they seem to be a little off but they do help a lot on the hard water. I have both of them the lakmaster has everything on it. the navionics (regional) chip shuts off roads to show lake details. and for you information the lakemaster (minnesota) has all the public lands and such on it.

Garmin has there own make of the Lakemaster chip.

The Garmin 60cx will run you about $289 where as the The I finder H2O run you $149. ProFishingSupply will sell the map chips also.

I'm going to get the Garmin being I already have the garmin Lakemaster chip.I think with the garmin you getting better quality IMO. And they have been doing the GPS thing a lot longer.

With ProFishingSupply you get a price cut on the navionics or the the lakemaster chip when you buy a GPS unit.

I'm a Lowrance fan, H20c for me, I paid $270 for it plus the Lakemaster 08 chip, tack on another $100 and tax and your over $400, but if you go with greyscale version it is only $170, so around $300 total. If that is your max price range then that is my recommendation, but the color sure is nice on sunny days.

i have the ifinder and love it. my dad got one the week after using/seeing mine. the biggest surprise was the battery life - very, very good.

the lakefinder chip is PRICELESS, especially ice fishing. the price seems a little steep, but imagine how much it would cost to buy paper maps of every lake in MN that you can't use w/ the GPS. I looked all over when I bought the chip and found about a $5 difference at most from different places, so I bought it locally.