• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IC for geese or ducks

IMO you need to pattern your gun with the shells you intend to use and experiment with chokes to see which is more effective , most guns will pattern differently . In my 12 Wby OU Imp is best , while in my 11-87 mod is best . Don't just go by what someone else says .

IMO you need to pattern your gun with the shells you intend to use and experiment with chokes to see which is more effective , most guns will pattern differently . In my 12 Wby OU Imp is best , while in my 11-87 mod is best . Don't just go by what someone else says .

^

^

^

What he said.

Nearly every gun, every choke, every shell, will shoot different. Your better off, taking the time and burning some shells at a target.

You'll atleast find out what works for you, out of your particular gun and choice of shell and choke.

I use a IM exteneded chokw made by carlson love it I also shoot 3.5" 3's at geese and some BC in the #3 and still kill geese with that same choke but like everyone else is sayin do your homework every gun is different

I shoot a Browning BPS with a 26" barrel and the Invector + choke tubes. I've had WAY, WAY better luck using a modified choke and 3" 3 shot for ducks. I usually keep some heavier shot in my jacket pocket in case some honks show up.

Best thing to do is go out to the range and pattern your gun as some guns, if not all may pattern a little differently. Good web site and it gets you going in the right direction.

Brian

I also have better luck with the mod in my guns browning gold and old faithful 870 I did use the imp cly in the 870 on late season divers but switched back to mod because my pattern was better. I think I'm goig totry a kicks chock tube this year or the patternmaster

Don't know if I buy the patternmaster hype. Maybe if I could shoot it at a range before I bought it and see the substantial differnce, but still, couldn't you achieve the same results by going down to an IC from a Mod, or even tighter to a full? Or just get the birds in closer while using the Mod?

To each their own. Can't put a price tag on confidence. Call me an idealist, but I wish more people made kills inside of 40 yards. That hasn't always been my observance on public waters and in waterfowl videos.

I have Browning, and they have a Light Modified that I got and like. In between IC and Modified. I have shot a lot of trap with it, and use it last year for duck, and I think it really works great. I don't take long shots, usually within 30 yards (btw, we use range finder to hit a special decoy in the spread, so we know the distance pretty close, last decoy is usually at 35 yards), and it seems to work great for me.

Tip for all, make sure the chokes are screwed in tight! I shot a few rounds of trap last year and I didn't check thechoke tube to make sure, like I usually do, and it had started to screw out. Long story short, I knurled over the edge of the choke tube (my factory modified) and it just killed my pattern like you would not believe. That is when I decided to check out the LM. So screw those chokes in good!

Good luck.