• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

xtreme ice fishing ontario style

robert1965

I did this the last two years on L.O.W. I now want to go farther, sled or truck in set up base, then go scout for whats hittin. I have a clam 6800 that I use as base camp as well as sleeping quarters. it would be cool to get a group together, a couple times each winter, to find remote winter only, ice fishing destinations nortwest ontario area, take all thats needed. each person bringing somthin different, stay the weekend. its not a easy venture, but you only live once. lakers, walleye, etc. so now witch lake, are you in thanks

Robert1965,

You need to do some research before you just head out and setup base camp somewhere. There are green zones where NR can't camp - even in the winter.

Do a search for the MNR in Ontario and maybe you can find some good info there.

Good Luck.

Robert,

What do you mean (access would not be an issue)? If you are a non residant of ontario, you can not camp in a Green Zone. It doesn't matter if you have a local native or not. They can camp in it, but again a NR can't.

Just check with the MNR, they can get you map with the green zones marked on it.

I have a cabin in Sioux narrows. the offer still stands, xtreme ice fishing sled in remote lakes. fish for the day. lakers, walleye, etc. come back relax turn the page, do it again. whats nice is the location, lot of lakes. eventually I will be a local, and will be able to do what I want. but for now more the merrier, are you in fish on.

We fish alot of lakes off the cedar narrows road. The road is about 50 minutes north of Fort Frances, going towards dryden off the 502. You should be able to find it on a map. We use the camp as home base and then go from there.

We park our vehicles at 18 on the cedar, then snowmobile in 6 miles to the camp. We hit the main lake, small surrounding lakes, if we really want to go north way up the road, we can go back to the trucks, load the machines - go up the road to where ever we want to try. When we are done, just load back up and head back to camp.

Its a great adventure everytime we go, you really never know where or what lake you are going to try. It's nice being off the beaten path.