Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mozy

Reel suggestions?

3 posts in this topic

Well I'm in the market for a new reel and was wondering what you guys would suggest. I just got an amazing deal on a G Loomis IMX 6 1/2" L and need to outfit it with something decent. This is my first "good" rod and unsure what to set it up with. I was looking at possibly getting the Pflueger Supreme XT in the 9020 series. I don't know if I should look into a Shimano and possibly find a bit smaller reel? I really like the feel of the Pflueger, but have no experience with anything high end. This is my first attempt at a species-specific rod and want to get it right the first time. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I would go with a 1000 series Shimano. They balance out the best with that rod... which is a great pannie rod might I add smile

I'm with Matt on this one... depending on what you want to spend.. I would check out the Saros, or Sahara. If you were looking for a smaller reel, check out the 750size as well.