• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Many Years Out Of An Arctic Armor Suit?

blodngoods

Lot of dough for one of these suits, although I think I'm sold on 'em. Just curious of those that have them, I know there's a lot of variables, but can you venture a guess as to how many years you might get out of one of these suits? I wouldn't expect them to last as long as a good ole pair of Carharts, but I would sure hope you should be able to get at least five, six years out of them.

I am now going into my 3rd year with it and it doesn't show any wear and tear. I use it both winter and cold spring/summer/fall days. It doesn't even need to be that cold out for me to grab it over my normal rain gear or jackets because it is so light weight and for some reason you don't feel hot in it during the summer months but it is toasty warm during the winter. If nothing else, buy the bibs this year and the jacket next year or vise a versa. Buy it you won't regret it.

I've got 2 full years now and its still in great shape. Pretty much gets used every weekend throughout the winter and spring and fall in the boat. My bibs are absolutely covered in mud now from the last few months on the river. Time for a wash!

I would imagine another 3 years of use won't be hard to obtain at all.

I don't think 5 or 6 years of use is out of the question at all. Don't run them through the dryer so you don't melt the Insultex insulation. Just take care of them, hang them up to dry and to air out, and as long as you don't rip or cut them on something you'll be good for years!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Three years with mine and no wear on the fabric I notice other than some dirt..

I use mine heavily - fall, winter and spring. Even bring it with in the summer when it's 70 or less for rainwear.

It stays toasty in the winter and for some reason you don't heat up too much in it on some of the luke-warm days.

It is a great three season suit though.

HSO Arctic Armor online

I have ran mine a full winter a spring and now this fall and the only thing that shows wear is my fault. I got a tad too close to the Mr.Heater. mad

I dont baby my gear and this stuff has been great. Mine were absolutely a mess after last winter. Between gas, mud, cutting bait and fish slime they held up to it all. I washed them in cold water and hung them to dry and they looked like day 1.

Im guessing baring any more heater issues I should get a good 5-6 years out of them.

I know Hanson abuses his suit like most others never would and his looked to be in good shape this winter.

I'd probably wear out the size before the actual suit grin

eyehunter I'm with you on this one. Seems now a days I cant WEAR anything out before I out grow it.

Not to get off the topic here and Im sure this is a dumb question but where do I get Info on Artic Armor suits? Cost, colors, highlights,Low lights if any? from the way things on FM sound there great. Plus I think I read in another post that they float? I can't swim so alot of the time I park my butt on shore until the Ice is really think. Even then I know it can be dangerous so this would be great for me.

Arctic Armor suits will also be available from Pro Fishing Supply in the next week or two. Our first shipment of suits and gloves is on the way. I will have them for sale at my store in Waconia in the west metro. If you want to try on the bibs, jackets or gloves before buying them you will be able to do it at my store. I'll post more info in the next week or two.