• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody still bear hunting and how are the reports in your area?

maros91

Anyone still giving it a go? I just moved a station deep into a swamp in hopes of drawing one in. Moved it yesterday in the rain. Bait is probably a little wet. If nothing hits it by Thursday I will put some dryer stuff out.

Anyone still hunting? Plus where are you hunting and are there any good reports by you? Neighbor of mine had 3 baits out and none have been touched. We had 4 baits out with one getting hit and we got one bear at about 120 lbs.

I am still bear hunting. My bait is getting cleaned out pretty much every day. I have trail cam pics of the bear but haven't been able to see it when hunting.

According to the MN CO reports for last week the bear hunting seems to have been slow most places.

We are still baiting. Although we have one bait station that was getting hit on a regular basis and now hasn't been hit in almost three days. Wondering if the bear left or what is going on. Other two are getting hit on an every other day basis. Would a bear leave the bait site and go onto something else? we are hunting in the int'l falls area ... anyone else out there in this area and how are you doing?

Hey finally getting a hit, pics show a several of a small bear an one I'm gonna take this weekend if it sticks around, looks to be in the 200 range, hope it dosent find the acorns cause there droping good right now, Later boar

i am headed up to finland right now. we are gettin hit still but mostly at night, its been a tough year, i was up there the weekend after opener and there was 14 bears taken in the whole area, my uncle usually has 14 come in opening night. he says its still slow but picking up. will be up there tell monday night.

iceman

Yes, the bear are getting a little more active and interested in our bait stations with one station going through 250 lbs of food in the last five days. The scat in our area is showing signs that not as many berry seeds are being eatin. Next week should really start getting good. All we need now is some cool temps to get them heavy boys comfortable moving around. Good Luck!

My baits have been hit all season. Despite the rain, wind, heat, etc. our baits are being hit. However, hunting conditions and after-dark hits have prevented connecting with a boar. Last season, it wasn't until Sept. 29 things got "going". I am still baiting this week - Carlton County area

Our baits have been getting better and better...checked yesterday and had 7 baits hit at shootable times...4 others were "just after" legal shooting hours...we set up on a bait last nite and my partner scored on a decent 250# boar...heading out again on wednesday to try and wrap up the season...we're in zone 12...Good luck to all!!

Well, we checked baits again yesterday and had 10 hits, 3 at shootable times 5 borderline times and 2 midnite bears...set up to hunt about 3:30 on a bear that had been consistantly coming in around 4:30....and sure enough, she showed up at 5 pm, just a little late, I arrowed her and she didn't make it 20 yards...she weighed in at 197# field dressed...a perfect end to a great season!!

Shot mine on the 12th and the wife ended her unlucky streak last Saturday evening with a blazed black.

Even with all the food source around we didn't go a evening without watching bears at our baits.

The one thing we did different was used acorn,cedar and fresh earth discs. No hold up and when they circled the site they ended up coming in, in good light.. I was amazed how well they worked. Anyone else use em?

Any of the big sporting goods store cabelas,gander,even wally world.

The fresh earth seemed to work pretty good last weekend bow hunting from a ground position,should have shot my bonus doe but I had a nice 10 just out of range......Now if I can stick a couple deer Ill be set for the winter...