• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend reports

cjac

Sounds like some good weekend reports coming in.......nice weekend for propster and Hunter! How about everyone else?

I fished E/W Rush on Saturday, had fun bass fishing, they were up tight in the reeds, so it was kind of combat bass fishing. Rain got the best of us and we headed off before really doing any muskie fishing.

Sunday morning was WBL, and it was busy. Lots of guys throwing, and then around 10:00 the sailboats headed out. Had one nice follow and a couple pike, but that's it.

It stinks when they drop a waterski course on top of a nice deep weedline. Anyhow, there's a free tip, mark where the course is and you'll have a nice weedline to work! By 1:00 the lot and lake were cleared out, thnaks to the Vikes game.

How is it that Monday AM is always nice after a rainy weekend??

Had almost my first multiple muskie day fishing yesterday morning on a river. Mentioned in the photo board, but lost a nice skie that got off while rolling around right in front of me. It ate a pacemaker before light which was scary to say the least. By the way I had a post earlier about have issues with line twist from the pacemaker and while the body does turn entirely when going faster, a ball bearing swivel got rid of all the twist issues. Then had a blow up 10ft from me a half hour later on the pace. Then a couple hours later caught a skie on a fly from an eddy. After that I had something (not sure what it was but it was descent size) follow my inline right to my feet while wading and I almost jumped out of the water it scared me so bad.

I'm starting to think flies aren't all that bad for skies. I spent way more time casting conventional tackle the last week with one 30 inch skie to show for it, and just a little time with the fly and caught a nice one. I had even casted through that same area with spinners before I went through it with the fly and caught it.