• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout fishing near Walker?

TXBuzz

Hi everyone. I am headed up to northern Minnesota (Laporte/Walker area) at the end of this week. I was wondering if there are any trout streams or lakes in the area. I typically fly fish for bass and pike on my Minnesota trips, but wanted a little change of pace this year. Any tips/direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi everyone. I am headed up to northern Minnesota (Laporte/Walker area) at the end of this week. I was wondering if there are any trout streams or lakes in the area. I typically fly fish for bass and pike on my Minnesota trips, but wanted a little change of pace this year. Any tips/direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you email me I can get ya to trout in that area within 25-30 miles of Walker

The first post mentioned Diamond lake. I found that one about 4 or 5 years ago. I just went up there about 3 to 4 weeks ago. and got a few trout. ive only been there about 4 times. but on dnr lake finder its the most stocked lake up there. You will need a little guidenss. You can stop at the BP by northern lights or get some before you get there. heres the directions. On 371 shortly after you pass Hackensack youll see the lower 10 mile lake sign keep going straight on 371 then you will see the sign for upper 10 mile as soon as you see that sign look on your right side of the road for woodtick rd. this will be a dirt road once you get all the way on it. the lake is 4.7 miles back down the dirt road. but will seem farther. theres one catch you have to make one left turn and there are a couple roads that connect. just go to where its a four way the only four way on the road an make a left and go about a mile an a half to two and you will dead and at the lake. the four way is not a even four way but you can tell you could go four ways. It was hot when I was up there so I wasnt getting them like I have when it is cooler. But did manage a few. Good Luck. If you go let us know how you did

Teepee and Hazel were always pretty good. I would call the Walker fisheries office and find out how many fish got stocked where. I think one of their designated trout lakes is getting chemically reclaimed this fall after someone released some game fish that took off. Might want to avoid that one smile